Never fear. There's help for novices too.
I'm sharing my secret receipt for a cake so easy and delicious that everyone will proclaim it a Showstopper just as they do on the Great British Baking Show.
(Have you seen that competition for the Best Baker in all of the United Kingdom? It's on Netflix so watch it. You'll be amazed and totally addicted to watching these amateur bakers produce amazing creations from flour, sugar, eggs, and butter.)
On with the baking. Here's my recipe for a cake you'll want to bake during the holidays. In fact, it's the perfect cake for New Year's Eve which is just around the corner.
Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup Eggnog from the dairy case
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Prepare a Bundt pan or a 10-inch fluted tube pan by greasing it with butter or shortening then lightly dusting flour into it. Or use Baker's Joy spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggnog, and oil.
- Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Add eggs and nutmeg, and beat at medium-high speed 4 Minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto cooling rack. Cool completely then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store covered leftovers at room temperature.
Alive, Steampunk novelist Meredith Misso worked hard at living the perfect SoCal celeb life.
Now that she is a Zombie, it’s all about the make-up, non-vegan lifestyle, and her soon-to-be ex, who somehow managed to Velcro himself back into her life.
"Quirky, Sassy, and Fun!" ~ Authors Den Review
You'll find this novella at: Amazon and iTunes or use the Universal Link to select the ebook seller you prefer.
Happy Reading and Happy Cake Baking and Eating!