Monday, May 22, 2017

Name calling @Liz Flaherty

My apologies. I forgot to blog here this morning, my first fourth Monday ever. However, it's been a different kind of day. I also blog at Word Wranglers on Mondays. In my post today--see if you can keep up here--I mentioned my Gems in the Attic post from last week. My post was also on a controversial subject--ghostwriting. Feel free to check in there.

A commenter over there, frustrated with my slant on the subject, called me a "fame-whore." As a member of the political persuasion I am, I should be used to being called certain names. So far today I've seen whiner, snowflake, baby, crybaby, etc. and I barely blinked. "Fame-whore" threw me a little, but, hey, I'll get used to it.

But I won't like it. I think it's unnecessary and mean. It is something my kids saw go-to-your-room time for when they were young enough to not know how much pain it caused. So today my post is Author's Anonymous.

Hi, my name's Liz.

And that's all you need to call me.

8 comments:

  1. Liz...you go! I'm trotting off to check out Word Wranglers right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not posting there...no energy for negativity today. But all of us here know exactly what it's like to be put down for our career choice. No way would any of us do the same to another writer. We've been there...know the feeling. Cheers and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a shocking kind of day.

      Delete
  3. Liz,
    Your response "Hi, my name's Liz" is eloquent.
    Keep rocking the keyboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I can't fathom why anyone would call you a fame whore. The Internet certainly brings out the worst in too many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. Unfortunately, it seems to make uncivil disagreement the okay thing to do.

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner