Saturday, April 29, 2017

Luck of the Draw Sample Chapter! @BonnieEdwards & Lyssa Layne!

I’m sharing samples from the books in the “good fortune changes lives” box set Luck of the Draw. 
This set contains 13 wonderful, eclectic stories revolving around taking chances and winning!


Luck of the Draw is an Amazon exclusive that contains all new stories and will be released May 11. 

Today, I welcome Lyssa Layne with her Prologue from Baby, Maybe. Enjoy the read!

For a very limited time this set is selling for only 99c.

To pre-order your boxed set click here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNXRZM8
Baby, Maybe

Lyssa Layne
Prologue

    “I want a divorce.”

    His sentence echoes through my mind on repeat with no pause button to push. He uttered those words five months ago but it’s still as clear as the first time he spoke them. It’s not that I disagree with ending our marriage, it was over almost before it began. I was never a priority, being outranked by his friends, hunting, paintball, or anything else that wasn’t me. We’d been living separate lives long before he spoke those four words that changed our entire lives. It was like we were distant roommates that were forced to spend holidays together.

    “Mommy! Turn up the radio, it’s Meghan Trainor!” The curly haired blonde three-year-old  shouts at me from the backseat.

    I smile and do as she dictated, not taking the time to remind her to use “please.” The Goldilocks behind me is the reason I’m distraught over my marriage ending. She’s the reason I’d planned on sucking it up for the next fifteen years so that I never lost a single second with her. I fought to get pregnant with her and I sure as hell am going to fight to keep her as much as possible.

    “Oh, Mommy, look! It’s your favorite tree!”

    To the right is a giant evergreen lit up with colorful strands of Christmas lights. ‘Tis the season for Christmas decorations and a welcomed distraction from the real world that haunts me every day. Aside from kissing my girl goodnight, this is one of the other highlights of my days lately. We drive down our street before the sun is up, heading to the babysitter’s house, and we call out to each other which lights are our favorite. Listening to her voice squeak with excitement always brings a smile to my face and I wish we could drive around all day looking at Christmas lights.

    Her favorite, yet highly inappropriate, Meghan Trainor song ends and the DJ begins to explain a contest they’re running where a lucky listener could win $50,000. I’m only half listening because I’m not lucky, then again, apparently there’s a lot of things I’m not. I’m not a good wife. I’m not a good listener. I’m not a good lover. I’m not, I’m not, I’m not, but I really am. Personally, I think I’m an awesome person. I’m funny, compassionate, caring, giving… just not to him and it’s his words that mean more to me than they should. It’s his words that make me feel like a failure, that make me wonder how I have a single friend in the entire world.

    “Hey, Mommy?”

    I glance in the rearview mirror. “Yes, baby?”

    “I love you.”

    Tears well in my eyes. I must be doing something right to get that. Not wanting to let my daughter see me cry, I force a smile to my face. It’s time to stop thinking about what I’m not. I need positivity in my life. I need something to make me feel good about myself. I need to spread the love because everyone has a cross to carry.

    “I love you, too, baby.”

    The moment is over as she shouts about three more houses we’re passing. The people inside those houses covered with bright lights have no idea how much they’ve impacted our lives or the number of smiles they’ve created. It’s time to pay it forward, it’s time to pimp some positivity.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Lyssa Layne is first, and foremost, the proud momma to her precious daughter, AR. In addition to working full-time and being a mommy to AR, she is also an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan, a runner, blogger, and an infertility survivor.
Having watched one too many medical dramas and being inspired by author Rachelle Ayala, who introduced her to the world of indie writing, Lyssa decided to try her hand at writing a romance story. Her attempt turned into the Burning Lovesick series. You can find Lyssa’s own interests throughout her stories although all stories are fictional.
Contact Her:
Website:     http://www.lyssalayne.com/


5 comments:

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner