Friday, April 7, 2017

Special Affection for April Fool's Day @JoanReeves #GemsInAttic

I have a special affection for April Fools' Day. It's not because I love practical jokes. I think it's because it's a reminder of my childhood.

My brothers and I were always trying to pull April Fool's pranks just for the joy of shouting, "April Fool."

I miss doing that. Last week when April Fool's Day rolled around, my older brother was just getting home from the hospital.

I've been so worried about him, and, on that day, I really teared up just thinking about him and all the silly fun we had as children--especially the dumb April Fool's jokes we tried.

Several years ago, Darling Hubby and I almost bought a house on the bay. I wanted it only because it was located in an area called April Fool Point. Not a good reason to buy a house I know, so level-headed Darling Hubby put the brakes on that idea.

I think "they" ought to make April Fool's Day a national holiday. Most of us are fools at least part of the time so why not have a day to celebrate foolishness?

April Fool Bride

I guess my brain was thinking along those lines when I chose the title April Fool Bride for a wedding novella I wrote a couple of years ago.

Oil heiress Madeline Quinn needs a husband by the time she turns twenty-five in order to claim her full inheritance. Mad Maddie, as the tabloids christened her, has learned the hard way that men only see dollar signs when they look at her.

Maddie decides a marriage of convenience is the only answer. She turns to the one man in the world she can trust, her housekeeper’s son who always treated her like a little sister when they were kids growing up together.

Jake Becker hasn’t seen Maddie since the night she tried to seduce him. Why should he help the woman who changed the course of his life? Simple. Revenge.

Or is it something else? Something hot and smouldering that will not be denied?

April Fool Bride is on sale for only 99 cents at Amazon * Nook * iBooks * Kobo and Smashwords through April 16.

Post Script

I’d be delighted if you’d follow me on Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter.

Sign up for WordPlay, my mailing list/readers newsletter, and receive a free book.

4 comments:

  1. The story sounds wonderful, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. Wishing you an April of gentle showers that brings May flowers.

      Delete
  2. Your covers are always lovely Joan. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner