Friday, April 21, 2017

Bonnie Edwards & the Lucky 7 @JoanReeves #GemsInAttic

I'm so happy Bonnie Edwards has decided to reveal all in today's Lucky 7 Interview.

The Scoop

Multi-published author Bonnie Edwards lives with her husband and pets on the rainy coast of British Columbia.

She believes life should be lived with joy and humour. You can find both in her earthy, irreverent, love stories.

Sometimes her stories have a paranormal twist, likes curses and ghosts, other times not. But they’re always entertaining and guarantee a happy ending.

With 3 ongoing romance series (steamy paranormal, sexy contemporary and heartwarming Christmas) and contemporary family novels, she rarely spends a day without writing. She has written novels, novellas and short stories for Kensington Books, Harlequin Books, Carina Press, and Robinson (UK).

Bonnie is now an indie publisher of her work so you can look forward to more exciting releases throughout 2017 and 2018. For more info and sample chapters, visit Bonnie's website. sign up for Bonnie's Newsletter for the latest on her new releases.

Find Bonnie Online

Website * Amazon Author Page * Twitter * Facebook * Pinterest * Goodreads.

One of Bonnie's latest books is A Breath Taken. Here's a blurb to whet your appetite.

In the 5th Tales of Perdition, the spirits are up to mischief again, but this time lives are at stake. . .

Blue McCann wants a second chance to live. Drawn into a vintage clothing shop, she tries on an antique corset…and wakes up in 1913 in another woman’s body.

Dr. Colt Stephens is attracted to a woman he met in Perdition House. Unfortunately, he made the wrong assumption about her role in the exclusive “gentleman’s retreat.” By saving her life, he’s finally in her good graces and her bed. She’s everything he’s ever wanted…even if she’s not the woman he thinks she is.

Will Blue McCann stay in this life or will she return to the present where death awaits?

Universal Buy Link for A Breath Taken.

Bonnie Edwards and the Lucky 7

1. When you were 18, what did you want to do with your life?
At 18, I wanted what all working class kids wanted: a job that paid the bills so I could move out and be independent. (I was out at 19 and had a mortgage and a marriage at 21.)

2. When you hit 40, what did you want most in life?
At 40 I wanted to sell my first book. The drive to do that was overwhelming. The WAY to do it was to keep writing and studying craft. It took a couple more years. (I never give up my dreams.)

3. What is a character name you have always wanted to use but haven't?
I've wanted to use family names on occasion but haven't and won't. If I wrote historical fiction, I could mine my ancestors' names...they had some great biblical names.

4. What genre would you like to try but haven't?
I don't really want to write any other genre. Even if I attempted a mystery or thriller, I'd have a romance in it. I'm a committed romance author...through and through.

5. Let's go to fantasy land. If time, distance, and other conditions of reality were no problem, where would you go for dinner tonight and with whom?
I think having a cozy chat with Queen Victoria would be wonderful. I'd love to ask about how she managed to wend her way through the men and politics of her life and still be in a happy marriage. (It's said hers was a love match and that her only regret was not giving him more children -- they had NINE!)

6. Still in fantasy land, in the book shown above, who would you cast as the heroine and hero to star in the movie version of the book?
For A Breath Taken (Tales of Perdition 5) I'm not sure who I'd like cast to play the lead roles. I believe I'm rare in this admission: I do not ever SEE my heroes or heroines in a visual way. I never use photos for inspiration. Instead of seeing my characters, I FEEL them. So, given that I'd want my heroine to be played by someone who could be both weak and defeated in the present...but smart and strong in the past. (especially smart!) My hero would have to be erudite and decisive (while thoroughly confused by my time traveling heroine.)

7. Last question before we leave fantasy land. When the movie based on your book wins the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, what will you wear to the Oscars?
My dress for my night at the Oscars? Red sparkly crystals sown onto a form-fitting sheathe on my twenty-years-old body. Back then I could have done it...even without Spanx.

Thanks, Bonnie, for allowing me to interview you. (Like you, I long for my 20-year-old body!)

Joan Reeves is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy Contemporary Romance. She lives her Happily Ever After with her Hero, her husband, in a book-cluttered home in Texas.

Readers, sign up for WordPlay, Joan's mailing list/free NL, for giveaway alerts and new book news and receive a free ebook. Writers, sign up for Writing Hacks for tips to help with your writing business--and also receive a free ebook.

8 comments:

  1. Loved the interview, and I'm right there with you on the 20-year-old body and the red crystals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. *sniff* *sniff* I miss the way I once looked. *LOL*

      Delete
    2. I suppose when we're on the red carpet we could hire a body double (while we "real folk with real bodies of a certain age" slip in through the delivery door in the rear wearing a disguise)

      Delete
    3. Sign me up for a body double!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for interviewing me, Joan! It was fun and makes me feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Looking forward to Bonnie's next book :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner