Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Luck of the Draw by @BonnieEdwards



Recently I was invited quite by surprise to come up with a "good fortune changes lives" story. A romance, of course, because that's all I write. At the time I was on the road touring Arizona, getting some sunshine and warmer temperatures.

My first thought was "What fun!" My second was "How can I get a novella written in such a short time?" I'm not a fast writer and I don't plot a lot. But my third thought was "What series of mine is appropriate for a good luck story?"

My Tales of Perdition wouldn't work because it's a paranormal series about ghosts in a haunted former bordello. Far too sexy and more about the past stories of the hookers' spirits than a happy good luck story.

My Christmas Collection wouldn't work because I'm already working on Book 3 and I was, in fact, writing on the road. One Crazy Christmas would have to wait...

Then I lighted on my short series, The Brantons and knew I'd hit the jackpot. The Branton family has roots in the La La Land Trailer Park and most of them were raised by hardworking single moms. Perfect fodder for a good luck story, don't you think?

Coincidentally Body Work (The Brantons Book 1) is currently FREE and can be downloaded here.

https://books2read.com/Body-Work   - Free until the end of March!

And Whole Lot o' Love was born in a mad rush of plotting while on the road between Yuma and San Diego (a pretty stretch of countryside). The book is already in the hands of my editor and I'll be doing those edits ASAP and preparing for the release on May 11.

Luck of the Draw is now available for pre-order on Amazon only. If you don't use a Kindle, it's easy to download a Kindle app.

Feeling Lucky? Check out LUCK OF THE DRAW - 13 lucky stories EXCLUSIVE to this boxset available for a LIMITED time! 13 tales of unimaginable luck - 13 fascinating novellas of love, loss, and mystery. From lotteries to sweepstakes, poker to roulette and horse racing to wishes, these 13 stories will make you wish you’d been the winner! These 13 novellas are BRAND NEW and have never been published. By USA Today Bestselling, International, and Bestselling authors.

More information on my story: Whole Lot o' Love which is exclusive to this boxset...that's right...you can't buy this one as a single until later this year.

Ashlee Branton’s stroke of luck is giving her and her son a new, settled life back home.

Except that returning to Blaine, Washington means facing her son’s father, Brick Harcourt, in a most unsettling way.

But Ashlee has two pasts now, one with Brick and one with an ex who wants to crash their reunion. Will she run again or stay and sacrifice money for love?



12 comments:

  1. Thanks Liz! It all happened so fast and it was one of those dream books...it literally fell from my brain into my fingers and onto the keyboard. In the middle of my vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you said yes when I asked you to join! Couldn't think of another author I'd enjoy working with again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so scared I couldn't pull it together...but like I said, once I found my "base" of characters and backgrounds for them the story fell out of my head and onto the screen. So pleased and excited you thought of me for this set. :)

      Delete
  3. How fun that you took the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is nothing but one set of challenges after another! But I'm glad to have given this one a go.

      Delete
  4. Too cool, Bonnie. Congrats. Can't wait to read your new story. My Kindle died yesterday, after about 7 years of constant use. Guess I'm going to have to buy another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My avoidance of political news has meant more Kindle time for me! Worth every Cent...

      Delete
  5. Your story sounds great, Bonnie. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, what fun! You go get 'em girl. What a way to get the story written and for a great opportunity. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddie! I'm still surprised I'm at this point! Almost done...

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner