Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Has Officially Arrived !!!

It's official ... as of 6 a.m. this morning, we have a new season.

I don't know about you, but I'm so tired of winter I could scream! Spring, preferably late spring, is my favorite time of year. I celebrate the last patches of melting snow the way some people celebrate their birthday, or Fourth of July. I look forward to being able to sit on my condo balcony, a lightweight blanket around my shoulders and a steamy cup of coffee cradled in my grasp.

Spring cleaning is on the horizon, not just for my home but for my electronic devices. I spring-clean my hard drive with the same tenacity I do my three linen closets. Gone are the scraps of notes, the book-related memes I've created for media blitzes, the collections of blurbs and excerpts I've saved to include in each individual book's media kit.

I keep separate thumb drives for each of my four publishers and everything related to a published book from the previous fall and winter gets saved in the appropriate place, clearing even more space for new projects, more scrapes and memes.

I also clear out my e-reader, stashing books I've read onto a final thumb drive. I find my e-reader loads better when it's cleared of clutter.

As does my creative mind.

My final spring-clean is an update of my work-in-progress chart...a wonderful spreadsheet where I keep track of not only my contracted work but also my plans for upcoming projects not yet realized.

Then, when the muse slows down as it sometimes does, I can pull up my spreadsheet and see where I've been, what I should be doing and, most importantly, where I still have to go. Just the act of reviewing the project diary jump starts any writer's block I may have.

My upcoming release is for The Wild Rose Press' new historical "stranded" line. Set in the 1960s (vintage is a favorite of mine) and titled Waking Up in Oz, it's a retelling of the classic movie. I look forward to sharing more as I get closer to a late summer release.

I don't have a cover yet, but...as always...I've created a meme to use as a teaser.

I hope everyone is as excited for spring and summer as I am. Now if I can only ignore the warm sunlight coming through my office window and stay focused at my desk!

Until next month, stay happy, stay healthy, stay well read.

Nancy


3 comments:

  1. My God, you're amazing. Such organization! I am so impressed. (I'm the idiot who doesn't even know how to go about putting stuff from my computer on a thumb drive.)
    I am a wee bit sad about spring. Where I live in sweltering, humid Gulf Coast, we got about three days of winter. I so longed to be able to wear long sleeves, to don a coat and muffler, but alas, I got to wear a coat once all winter. I know before spring's over, we are gonna get hot, humid, and miserable. (Can you tell I hate living where I live? But I'll never leave my kids.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero. I occasionally get one drawer cleaned before I give up and go find something more fun to do. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I'm tired just reading all that you did. These days, I'm lucky if I can clear the clutter from my office. WTG, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner