Friday, February 10, 2017

Will there be a sequel to My Lord Raven? by Jan Scarbrough


I always wanted to write a medieval romance. After all, I loved reading Anya Seton and Thomas B. Costain as a teenager. Then as a young adult, I read the popular romances by Kathleen Woodiwiss and Rosemary Rogers. It seemed an unattainable dream to be able to write one myself.

But I did it. In my blog article “My Lord Raven has a long backstory,” you can read the history of my newly re-released medieval romance My Lord Raven. Finally, after all these years, I’m more than happy with the finished product. And I’ve set it up for there to be a sequel.

From My Lord Raven:
Catrin propped herself up on an elbow. “Sit. Tell me.”

Bran joined her, sitting on the side of the lord’s great bed. She was so lovely, as beautiful as the first day he laid eyes upon her in the pathway. “Waryn de Grey soon returns from duty in Gascony.”

Catrin scooted to prop herself against the headboard. “Then my cousin’s fate is at hand.”

“Seems so,” Bran acknowledged. Olwen de Belleme had not been spared the king’s directives. At that moment, she remained closeted at the nunnery but was to be wed as soon as her betrothed collected her from her sanctuary.

“I hope she will be as happy as we.” Catrin touched his shaven face.

So you see, there’s a perfect new heroine lurking in the last pages of My Lord Raven: Olwen, the timid cousin. Will she wed the knight the king has chosen for her?

Sigh. You know she will. It’s a romance, after all. But how will it happen? Will they fall in love? Will they live happily-ever-after?

I want to write the novel, I really do. But I have a bunch of other projects nagging me. And if My Lord Raven is any predictor, I take a long time to research and write a historical romance. I want to make it historically correct—or as right as I can make it. I want it to be a fun, satisfying read. I want readers to enjoy it.

So will I write the sequel? Yes. God willing, some day I will finish Raven’s Vow—Olwen and Waryn’s story.

My Lord Raven is available for preorder. Release date February 25, 2017

6 comments:

  1. I'm writing two more books in a series I had to put on the back burner. I'm uber excited! It was one of my fav books. Don't wait too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I'll start it after I finish the other two books on my plate. Oh, yeah, and then there's the Western series I want to write. I guess I need to retire!

      Delete
  2. I loved that excerpt. I'm to the point in my writing life of not planning that far ahead, but I do love the excitement of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a bookmark I once saw. "So many books; so little time." Of course it was about reading, but that pithy little sentence also applies to writers. Congrats on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with sales in your new genre, Jan.It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner