Friday, January 13, 2017

New Year’s Resolutions for 2017 by Jan Scarbrough

Do you have a New Year’s Resolution?

Most resolutions have to do with self-improvement.
  • Learn how to meditate
  • Learn something new each day
  • Start a hobby.
  • Play more
  • Eat fewer calories
  • Move more
  • Read more books

Gyms usually see an increase in membership during the first of the year, but it drops off a few months later. A few years ago, I started going to the gym. I started going to a Zumba® group exercise class. (Here’s what I learned doing Zumba.) I’m still at it, but don’t go as often as I should.

Resolution #1 – Go to Zumba twice a week, at least.

Another popular resolution is to lose weight. I’ve tried that one too. It remains a work in progress.

Resolution #2 – Eat more vegetables and fruits. I started eating more before Thanksgiving, and it has helped.

I admit I don’t make many resolutions. I do write down my writing goals, usually in the form of titles for books I want to write. So here it is! My first big goal for 2017 is to complete a book I started in 2016 called Nom de Plume.

For the first time, I’m revealing my wonderful cover at the Gems Blog. I’ll post more about the story once the book is finished. As my “work in progress,” Nom de Plume becomes my most pressing New Year’s Resolution.


What about you? Did you make at least one resolution this year?

8 comments:

  1. Love the cover, Jan! No resolutions, but my word for the year is "listen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover! I tend to strive for balance every year... regular exercise, regular writing goals, better eating habits. I use a Fitbit to keep me honest...and it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I got a Fitbit on cyber Monday. Love it. I've always made exercise a priority, but it's helping me push it up a notch. Now, if only I could get those 10K steps every day.

      Delete
  3. Nice cover, Jan. My goal is to finish the book I started in December. I finally got inspired. It will be the first full novel for me that I've written in two years. I plan to finish it in April. I also plan to write a novella and a second novel in 2017. There, I've put it in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover was created by one of our Gems sisters. I'll let her reveal herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was especially interested in your blog about Zumba, Jan. I used to love it until my knees gave out. It never felt like "exercise."
    I also like your theory about inspiration. It explains a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover, Jan. Good luck with the new book. Also good luck with the resolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner