Friday, January 20, 2017

Liz Flaherty and The Lucky 7 by @JoanReeves #GemsInAttic

Welcome to the Every-So-Often 3rd Friday Lucky 7 interview.

Each month--don't hold me to this--I'll interview an unwitting victim subject and boldly go where no interviewer has gone before.

Well...that's the plan. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Let's hope it is. *g*

Today, I interview Liz Flaherty, our fearless leader.

Liz is the one who conceived of the idea of Gems in the Attic, a group blog by the authors of the now-defunct Precious Gems Romance. The romance line may be defunct, but the authors are still going strong--writing, publishing, and selling.

You can find Liz online here at Gems in the Attic and also at: Word Wranglers * Facebook * Twitter.

Liz's latest book is Every Time We Say Goodbye. Here's a blurb for you.

After the prom night accident that had stolen the innocence of his small lakeside hometown, Jack Llewellyn had run. The guilt—especially facing his high school sweetheart, Arlie Gallagher—had been too much. Now he had no choice. He was back in town, and on Arlie’s radar.

Arlie couldn’t believe that after all these years, she still had him under her skin. He was such a changed man…a responsible business owner, a single parent. Would he understand the changes she’d gone through, the secrets she lived with? She was ready to forgive him but was he ready to forgive himself? And did they have to say goodbye this time?

Add Every Time We Say Goodbye to your romance library. You'll find it here: Amazon * B&N * Kobo * Harlequin.

Now let's see how Liz handles the hot seat!

LUCKY 7 with Liz Flaherty

1. When you were 18, what did you want to do with your life?

Liz: Live in a city on my own, go to concerts, and write books. I had no idea what kind of books, nor did I think it was even a possible dream for a high-school educated farm girl. However, except for living in a city--on my own or otherwise--it worked out really well!

2. When you hit 40, what did you want most in life?

Liz: My first grandchild was born three days before my 40th birthday. I wanted more like her--and got them. I hadn't sold any books yet then, so I still wanted that, too. It took eight more years.

3. What is a character name you have always wanted to use but haven't?

Liz: Wyatt. I keep wanting to, but so far he hasn't shown up. I thought I had him for the story I just started, but no...I don't know yet who he is, but he's not Wyatt!

4. What genre would you like to try but haven't?

Liz: Really, none. However, I wrote one historical, and I'd love to write another one. I enjoyed it a lot. The research was more fun than the writing. It takes so much time, though, that I'm not sure I'll ever do it again.

5. Let's go to fantasy land. If time, distance, and other conditions of reality were no problem, where would you go for dinner tonight and with whom?

Liz: I'm not sure where, but I'd like for the food to be prepared by and explained by Julia Child. I'd like to have dinner with Louisa May Alcott, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Hillary Clinton. To thank them, and to listen to them talk to each other.

6. Still in fantasy land, in the book shown above, who would you cast as the heroine and hero to star in the movie version of the book?

Liz: My view of my hero and heroine is always Monet-like, never clear, and I want them to look however readers need them to look. For my own pleasure, I would choose Meryl Streep and Sam Elliot because they are so fabulous and so strong; age doesn't matter.

7. Last question before we leave fantasy land. When the movie based on your book wins the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, what will you wear to the Oscars?

Liz: Sweats, because I'll be watching from home or from some vacation spot. I love traveling, but I don't love glitz in any way, shape, or form.

I enjoyed Liz's answers very much and hope you did too, Readers.

(However, I definitely think Liz should attend the Oscars if that fantasy ever comes true!)

Tune in next month for another Lucky 7.

Post Script

Joan Reeves is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy Contemporary Romance. Her books are available at all major ebook sellers; audio editions at Amazon, Audible.com, and iTunes. New print editions will finally be available in 2017.

Joan publishes Writing Hacks, a free NL for writers with tips to help with the writing business, and WordPlay, an email list/NL for readers with new book and giveaway alerts. Subscribe to either and receive a free ebook. Joan online: Blog, Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.

10 comments:

  1. Great interview, great answers! Lol I'd run up on stage and grab that award myself and I'd be wearing bling-bling from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In truth, my imagination doesn't go far enough to be sure what I'd do, but gotta admit the sweats are more likely.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful answers! I'd go the awards, wearing a Canadian tuxedo (denim jacket with blue jeans) and when asked who I'm wearing, I'd say "Who wants to know?"

    Liz could say "I'm wearing sweats...are you blind?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* Love your responses. Never heard of the Canadian tux before. Sounds like a Texas tuxedo.

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner