Thursday, November 24, 2016

For the Thanksgiving meal this year, one of my sons has requested that I make “my” rolls. The rolls he’s referring to are yeast rolls and they take some time and effort to make. I’m not the world’s best baker, by far, but I am happy to make these rolls for him and the rest of the family. My effort means something to me. It’s one way I can show him how much I love him and the rest of the family. I’m grateful, so grateful, to be in his life.

A theme in my books has been exploring the meaning of family. While we idealize the concept of a biological family, for some of us that pretty picture is not fitting. But we always have the option of making a family that is truly supportive and loving. I’m grateful to be able to gather with my sons and their families at the holiday and find an atmosphere of love, joy, and acceptance.

An attitude of gratefulness is a beautiful and peaceful thing, year-round. It helps us stay present in the moment and enjoy more fully what life offers. The word is two-part, suggesting thankfulness and giving. At Thanksgiving we pause for gratitude, but we also reach out to others in need. Don’t forget this Thanksgiving when you make your list of people in need to pay attention to your individual needs, as well. We tend to leave ourselves off that list, thinking in this rich country we have everything we need, too much, in fact. But it’s not necessarily true. So on Thanksgiving and every day, consider how you are rich, as well as what your heart longs for, whether it’s acceptance or a voice or reading or writing a book that feeds your soul. Discover what you truly need to make your world and the entire world better.

I’m also grateful to have found my passion earlier in my life and to have been able to bring it to life. Blogs like this are a part of my writing life in that this blog and others enable me to share my work and interact with readers and writers. I’m grateful for everyone’s support.


Now to do some of that sharing. I am part of a Christmas anthology, Captured by Christmas, releasing Dec. 5. Here’s the blurb:  


Blurb:
It’s Christmas, and the season of holly, Christmas trees, and goodwill is drifting on air in merry holiday wishes. Romantic suspense and paranormal author Lynn Crandall and contemporary author Lainee Cole present in their own way two stories of love in Captured by Christmas. However it finds you—under a Christmas tree or drifted in snow in a backwoods cabin—the spirit of the season will wrap you in love.


In Snowbound, Lynn Crandall lets readers check in on favorite Fierce Hearts series were-lynx characters Kennedy Mitchell and Asher Monroe as they uncover the identity of the creature scaring the humans in Octavia, a small rural community in northern Michigan. Plans for an intimate getaway and family-style holiday are crumbling as the snow piles higher and Kennedy and Asher find themselves snowbound with a killer outside their door.



In The Mistletoe Effect, Christmas is second-grade teacher Tess McCall’s least favorite holiday, but she’s doing her best not to let it show. Learning he’s a father to seven-year-old Holly makes Alex Randle anxious about the upcoming holidays. When Tess’s class starts reading to shelter dogs, Holly and the antics of shelter dog Mistletoe lead them all to rediscover the magic of Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lynn, for reminding us what Thanksgiving is all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful blog! lol My angel biscuits are rising. My daughter is Suzy Homemaker and opens her home to family and friends AND she's a fantastic cook!
    The stories sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Your "Suzy Homemaker" sounds like a real gem.

      Delete
  3. A great post, Lynn. I think I could almost forget the pies, etc. if I could just eat rolls all day... Good luck with your Christmas release!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner