Thursday, November 3, 2016

Beauty and Gifts

Last night the hubby and I went to see Adele perform.  Listening to her sing - the purity of her voice, her vocal range, the emotional lyrics - felt like receiving a gift from the cosmos.  We stayed until the very, absolute end of the concert, something we rarely due because of traffic.  I'm glad we did because her final song was "Rolling in the Deep."  After she sang it, she unleashed confetti - small scraps of paper with various expressions written on them.  "Thanks for Coming." "Enjoy Life." and such.  It was an experience and well worth the price of admission.  I love concerts and try to go to at least one or two (or more) and year.  I rank this one up as one of the best I've ever seen.









There are authors like that too.  Writers who have such a gift of words, of conveying emotion, that they're an auto-buy.  Barbara O'Neal, Kristin Hannah, Kristan Higgins, are among my personal list. And discovering a new author with such an ability is like receiving an unexpected present from heaven.  Which is why I take recommendations from other authors so seriously.  Sure, we don't all have the same taste, but when someone who is also a writer raves about another author's ability with words or amazing way of telling a story, I will always buy one book to check it out for myself.  That;s how I discovered Sarah Addison Allen.  Another writer told me about her books.  And I fell in love.

Sometimes, as an author, I long to be able to write like so-and-so.  But I write like me and I'm fine with that.  I continually learn to try and better my craft.  That's why emails from readers are so important.  They keep us writers going sometimes.  Getting an email from someone saying how much they loved the book can make my day!

It's November and for the first time in my career as a published author, I have two books out this month.  The first is a Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Runaway Colton.




You can buy it on Amazon here:  https://smile.amazon.com/Runaway-Colton-Coltons-Texas-Whiddon-ebook/dp/B01F1SCYS6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478104931&sr=1-1&keywords=runaway+colton+karen+whiddon


My second book is a two-in-one (two stories in one book) with talented author Addison Fox.  It's a Christmas story set in Las Vegas and was a lot of fun to write.  The book is called A Hunter Under the Mistletoe, and my story is called Heat of a Helios






You can buy this one at Amazon here:  https://smile.amazon.com/Hunter-Under-Mistletoe-Bright-Heat-Helios-ebook/dp/B01EEZKXHG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478105191&sr=1-1&keywords=hunter+under+the+mistletoe

Anyway, that's my shameless promo for this month!  I hope you check out one (or both) of my books!

6 comments:

  1. I love finding new authors. I just finished reading A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. I might not have read this book but my daughter gave it to me after we lost our Miss Sukie who lived a very spoiled 14 1/2 years. When I decided I could read a story about a dog, I picked it up and finished it 2 days later. It was such a fantastic book and pulled out so many emotions in me. Then I immediately thought, I wish I could write like that! I love books that make me think about my own writing. Reading is the best teacher if anyone wants to become a writer. Thanks for a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new authors, too, especially when they have a nice long backlist! Loved the post, and congratulations on a two-book month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! and what a lovely concert to see. I love finding new authors...because we're all readers first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to have two releases in one month! Hope they do very well fo you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Adele and can imagine her concerts are great. Congratulations on 2 releases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have a couple of great offerings this month. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner