Tuesday, October 25, 2016

'Tis the Season by Bonnie Edwards


It’s not even Halloween yet and romance authors have already turned their thoughts to Christmas. Some of us already have new Christmas boxed sets available for pre-order!

I’m one of them. And I’m also one of those people who hate seeing Christmas displays in department stores right after Labor Day. So why so early on my Christmas story? Economics.

There’s only so much time for people to be in the mood for talk of turkey and stuffing and good cheer and um…kisses under the mistletoe. (Who even sees that stuff anymore?)
Last year a group of wonderful authors came up with an idea to create a boxed set. We had so much fun and readers loved the set so much we decided to do it again.

Spicy Christmas Kisses 2  For a limited time, this boxed set is available for only 99c.  Release date: November 1, 2016

Spicy Christmas Kisses 2 – Nine MORE Romances to Heat up Your Holidays!

From bestselling, award-winning and multi-published authors come romances that include friends to lovers, doggie matchmakers, single dads, hero-in-hiding, maybe baby, reunited lovers and more!

My novella, Invitation to Christmas is brand new and is the follow up to last year’s book Not-So-Blue Christmas.

Christmas brings family together… 
Jordyn Bailey kissed Tom Fontaine last Christmas.  

But their parents are engaged…  
For Jordyn keeping secrets in a family determined to mesh their lives is all kinds of crazy. Secretly sleeping with her soon-to-be stepbrother could get messy because she’s on the baby track while he’s on the party track. 

If they’re careful and keep their attraction under wraps maybe it will burn out and they can be friends.

Now…It’s Christmas again and Tom wants to unwrap everything, including Jordyn. 

So, for you, how early is too early for Christmas stories?


21 comments:

  1. I think the world would be a better place if we keep the Christmas spirit all year, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Becky! That's why it's fun to write these stories when it's not the season. :)

      Delete
  2. I start reading / listening / watching Christmas in the middle of October. It's all "the season" to me, and I enjoy it. Good luck with this year's set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Liz. Yes, I've already read a couple myself.

      Delete
  3. I'm already thinking about Christmas so Oct for me. Lol. Love everything about the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good time to feel those warm and fuzzies.

      Delete
  4. I Instagram a house in my neighborhood who already has their Christmas lights up. What is there excuse? haha!!
    I agree with Becky, though. I love that feeling of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping Sydney. I haven't seen any lights yet...but we will soon!

      Delete
  5. Right now I'm thinking Halloween, followed by my birthday mid November, so not till after that. US Thanksgiving really seems the kick-off for me. But my family knows I love those Christmas stories in my stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love writing them! This is my second and I'm already thinking about the next one in the series.

      Delete
  6. I prefer one holiday at a time, in it's own time, but when writing, it just doesn't work that way. I loved writing Mistletoe Marathon for this set, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Susan! My holiday spirit was extended for weeks after the success of last year's boxed set because I jumped right into this new book. It was great fun!

      Delete
  7. Your story sounds adorable! I think I've put out a Christmas novella every year since 2011. Some now go in boxed sets with other authors. Lots of fun to write--and for me, much easier and faster to write than a complete novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl...those pesky blurbs can be tougher than the books!

      Delete
  8. I guess that's what you have to do when you're got a Christmas book. Especially since people won't have a lot of free time to read when it gets closer to the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a pleasure being in a box set with you, Bonnie! I look forward to reading your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marcia! I can't wait to read Heating up the Holidays!

      Delete
  10. Your story hooked me! Can't wait to read it. I think releasing holiday stories in October makes sense because most romance readers are so involved with family and friends from Mid-November to after Jan. 1 that they have no time to peruse the titles or to read. Our Love, Christmas set released already on Oct. 18. I find writing a Christmas story well before December actually puts me more in the mood rather than grumbling about Christmas decorations in Hobby Lobby in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We're prepping for a launch party on FB right now and I'm talking about Christmas traditions and feeling quite merry about them. :)

      And thanks for the kind comments on the book.

      Delete
  11. I'm an after Thanksgiving kinda girl...then dig right in with my Christmas traditions. Fav movies -Love Actually and The Holiday. Books - Looking forward to reading my fellow authors in this years SKC2 box (So blessed to have my novella be included in this years publication. Don't get me started on the food and my addiction to bake goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn thanks for stopping by. Since Thanksgiving was weeks ago in Canada, I can honestly say I've been thinking about Christmas for a while now. :)

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner