Saturday, September 3, 2016

Life is about juggling the important things.

I published a new book in May and planned to do a lot of promotion since it was my first release in a couple years. Then family life got busier than usual here at the Barkers.

Buzz and I have six grandchildren, ages 13, 12, 11, 10 and twin 8 year olds. Spring and summer mean softball games, gymnastics, horseback riding lessons, 4-H critters and then the county fair. We celebrate Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, July 4th, several birthdays, family reunions and before you know it, we're celebrating Labor Day. How does the time get by so quickly?

Family comes first. As one of six siblings (Buzz has an additional two) we have an extended family of nieces, nephews, great nieces/nephews. There are birthdays, graduations, bridal/baby showers, weddings and every imaginable kind of party. That's okay because we love every one of our babies. They can never outgrow that love.

Now that September has arrived, I need to get back to work as a writer, author, Indie publisher and pubicist. I need to promote ZACK'S RANCH, schedule advertising and beg for reviews. (Reviews are crucial to sales these days.) Through September the price is just $.99!

In that regard, I'm willing to offer free electronic copies of ZACK'S RANCH to reviewers and review sites. If you know any or do your own reviewing, please email me for a complimentary copy:  Write @BeckyBarker.com

You can find a description of the book at online bookstores but I call it a contemporary western romance with suspense elements. The focus is Zack and Meri's relationship, not seat-of-the-pants suspense because that's the kind of story I love to read and write!

If you're feeling lucky today, I'm offering a Kindle Giveaway.
https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/c4e09c1fc563e3cc 

Let me know what you love to read or write and please feel free to share your family/summer experiences with us here in the attic.


Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

Hugs, Becky

www.BeckyBarker.com
MailChimp Contest/News
www.Twitter.com/BeckyBarker
www.Facebook.com/BeckyBarker



4 comments:

  1. Great post, Becky. Balance is something I used to struggle with but I finally have found the happy medium -- I realize I cannot do it all. (in other words, I am NOT Wonder Woman, as I thought.) Setting priorities is the best way to figure out what really is important. Nice post. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maddie! I hope you have a great weekend, too. Weather sure is beautiful in my corner of the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all struggle to find the right balance that takes care of our loved ones and fulfills us as writers. I've never been as good at juggling as I'd like to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were better at it, too, Joan. Most of the time, life doesn't allow for planning ahead too much.

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner