Sometime after second grade and by the time I discovered Black Stallion books in the fourth grade, I started loving to read. My ninth grade teacher Mrs. Neff encouraged us to buy and keep books. You can see I have many of them in my library today.
Mrs. Neff also introduced me to the joys of creative writing.
By the time I went to college, I decided to become an English teacher because I loved reading and writing. Flash forward many years—I’m currently a technical writer by day, and at night I write romance novels.
Sadly, because of time constraints, my reading time is often limited to my lunch hour on my iPhone. But, don’t you love Amazon’s 1-Click option? I collect many books that way—326 books in all according to my account info.
Do you have a “To Be Read” list? Here is my list.
- Mountain Spirit: The Sheep Eater Indians of Yellowstone by Lawrence Loendorf and Nancy Medaris Stone (research)
- If you can Keep it: The Forgotten Promise of American Liberty by Eric Metaxes (reading a chapter at a time during lunch)
- Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory (downloaded recently)
- The Angel’s Share by J. R. Ward (downloaded recently)
- Money Loves You by Blair Robertson (want to re-read)
What are you reading? If you write, do you think it’s hard to find time to read?