Friday, August 5, 2016

...and this is now...



Much has changed since our last-century beginnings in romance-publishing, hasn't it? Indie-pubbing was born--we called it vanity publishing then and it was Very, Very Bad. Historical's been dead, especially Regency, at least once or twice. We've had chick lit, Amish, zombies, and vampires. YA, NA, same sex, and erotica have settled into spots that were made for them within the industry.

That was then, of course, and this is now.

I won't pretend I like all the changes, and I usually do any necessary changing with a whole lot of kicking and screaming, but one thing I have gone with willingly was the appearance of novellas. I mean, there were always novellas, and I used to be so envious of people who got invited to participate in anthologies. I'd buy all the Christmas ones every year. But now there are lots of them. And it doesn't have to be Christmas. And you don't have to be famous to get invited to participate--although it certainly helps.

I write short anyway, one of the things I loved about the Precious Gems line, so novella-length is perfect for me. Last year, when I was invited to join my first boxes set ever, I was so excited I couldn't stand it. It was fun and successful. Then I was invited to join the Heartwarming Christmas boxed set. It hit the USA Today list and I went around shrieking for an entire week, annoying virtually everyone foolish enough to get near me.

So imagine how pleased (and probably annoying--sigh) I was to join the same writers again (plus a few)--we're all Harlequin Heartwarming authors--for 2016's set A Heartwarming Holiday. We hope we make the list again, but if we don't...well, we still hope we make some readers happy. My story is called The Magic Stocking. Look at its cool cover.


The boxed set is available for pre-order now in all the usual places. Oh, here they are--I knew I had that somewhere.



Even better, included in A HEARTWARMING HOLIDAY is an exclusive coupon worth $1.00 off any Heartwarming title from Harlequin.com.  Who doesn't love heartwarming romances?

Liz





10 comments:

  1. Liz, I hadn't seen your cover, how wonderfully Christmasy. Looking forward to reading all of the novellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover! Like you, I can't wait to read the rest of the stories.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, Liz. It's not easy to write short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not, although I do like it. I'm always pretty sure I've left out something important. :-)

      Delete
  3. I too am happy the novella is alive and thriving. They are perfect for christmas when reading time is scarce. Looks like another winner, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Kathleen. I love them, too.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely fabulous cover! And a fabulous story as well. So happy for you that you get to be a part of this Christmas anthology again and even happier that I've already pre-ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover and can't wait to read your story, Liz!! And I heard you shrieking .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem. I'm pretty sure I wasn't shrieking alone, Anna! :-)

      Delete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner