Tuesday, June 14, 2016

True Romance by Karen Kelley
I've had people tell me they don't read romance because they "live" it. Okay, I wonder if that applies to movies as well? Hmmm, something to ponder. Romance books enhance the romance in my life and it must be working because I've been married 46 years. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I read the last page of a happily ever after romance. I enjoy being transported to a different place, even a different time or even a story with vampires. I never read many romances with aliens, though. Never say never. I came up with a plot for a series of books. My heroines were from the planet Nerak where there are no men, only companion units. In the first book, Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind, Mala longs for more than her perfect life on her perfect planet and takes off in an old spacecraft in search of earth. It's not exactly your typical alien book. It's filled with lots of humor about an alien that lands on earth and doesn't have a clue about earth's customs. Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind was nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award and has won numerous awards.

The second book in the series, Earth Guys Are Easy, is now available for download. I hope everyone enjoys it just as much.

Here's the back cover blurb for Earth Guys Are Easy:


Undercover cop Nick Scericino always attracts the wrong kind of female. He’s pretty sure his luck hasn’t changed when a sexy young lady strolls into the backwoods bar during a sting operation. Saving her from an overzealous biker cinches his hunch. Who’s playing who? Is she really looking for her cousin or is she part of the Russian mafia drug ring?

Kia will stay with the warrior who attempted to protect her. She is also a warrior, although there are no wars, or men, on her perfect planet. Still, it will be good to learn his warrior ways. And they can have sex so she compare him to her companion unit. Nick can also help her find her cousin who disobeyed the Elders and traveled to Earth.
              But will Kia discover her perfect planet isn’t quite as perfect as she once thought?
Best Wishes,
Karen Kelley
www.authorkarenkelley.com

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this, Karen. I like to live my true romance AND read romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Good luck with your series, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Joan and Liz. Live it, read it, write about it. Your series sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner