Tuesday, May 10, 2016

WRITING IS AN ADVENTURE

Hi Everyone,
I've been off loop for a few days, but came down the mountain and finally found have an internet connection sitting in a parking lot. As the title states, writing is an adventure. Hubby and I are currently in the Great Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. We're roughing it, which means we have no internet, no TV, no microwave...you get the picture. We do have our fifth wheel that has an oven, bed and a bathroom. We also have the best views! That's worth giving some things up for.

And inspiration! Wow, I've started the third book in my series which is actually set in the mountains of Tennessee. I'm hoping to have at least 4 books finished before I start publishing them.

We're staying here 9 more days then heading into Tennessee. We're not sure how long we'll be staying. Not having concrete plans is a little daunting. When we were coming up the mountain we didn't have a clue if we would be able to get a spot or not. Then we saw the RV section was closed. If you've never pulled a 34 foot RV into the Smokey Mountains let me just say I have no fingernails left. But then, life is an adventure and sometimes you just have to bite your nails and jump into the deep end. 

We'll be posting pics onto my website as we can www.authorkarenkelley.com and if you like sexy, humourous romances check out my newest reissue, Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind. It was nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award and won numerous awards.

Best Wishes,
Karen Kelley

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the very best experiences on your adventure, Karen! Thanks for making the effort to share with us.

    Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your adventures, too. My kids just bought a house on a mountain in NC and my son said not to come at night for the first time because the driveway is "challenging." Maybe I better save some fingernails for when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there is no shortage of writing inspiration on this trip. Keep sharing please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful adventure! And I'm so happy you find inspiration on the road! Good for you! Keep writing...and loving the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, sometimes I think I'd love no internet, no TV, no phones--just peace and quiet, conversation and reading. By the way, I once drove a winding one-lane road up a mountain in Okinawa with no guard rail and immediate drop-offs to the valley a couple of thousand feet below. After that, I figured any American road in the mountains was easily navigable by comparison. *LOL* Please post pictures with your posts. I'd love to see what you're seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner