Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Living The Dream!

This is my first post on the Gems in the Attic blog and I have to say, I'm happy to still be in the publishing business. My first published novel was a Kensington Precious Gems historical romance. Mountain Jewel came out in 2000. This book went on to be published in Dutch, Portuguese and ebook format. Part of me feels like it was just yesterday and yet I know it's been close to two decades since I made my author debut! Back then digital books were just starting to take hold. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and a myriad of other social media outlets didn't even exist. We connected with our readers through physical appearances and newsletter mailings.

What have I been doing since that first book came out? Well, along with my husband we finished raising our two sons, although is that job ever really finished? We now have an expanded family that includes two daughter-in-laws and four grandchildren. We've moved to northern California and then back to New York State. There have been job changes for my husband and publisher changes for me.

I have a three book series called The Women of  Surprise that came out in 2005 and 2006 with Avalon books. Due to the publishing house closing they went on to be placed with an evolutionary publisher called Amazon Publishing. Now part of the Montlake line these little books have been given new, best selling, life in the form of ebooks. Never in my wildest imaginings did I picture myself as a top ten best selling author! I've tried my hand a indie-publishing with one contemporary, women's fiction novel and a little novella, The Wedding Toast, in the Kindle Worlds program. 

I'm beyond excited to have been picked up by Waterfall Press an imprint of Brilliance Publishing/Amazon. So in July I'll have a new book out called A Changed Agent. This is still historical romance, but with a Christian inspirational story line. I'm happy to say I went back to the roots of my writing and set the book in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State. This is where Mountain Jewel was set. I've never been busier and I've never been happier! For the moment I'm living the dream!

 


 
 

9 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your publishing career. So nice that what began with Precious Gems and continued with a successful career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn. I'm forever grateful to Kensington Publishing for giving me my first contract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on living your dream! I hope you have many more contracts in your future! Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you here, Tracey, and congratulations on living your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, Tracey. I adore your new cover! I have a lot of problems with Kensington (and have recently retained a literary attorney to help me with those problems), but I am grateful they helped me establish my career, since I sold them seven novels and two novellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this new cover. Yesterday I did a career day at the local high school and the big question was which of the books that I've written were my favorite. I said toss up between Mountain Jewel and A Changed Agent!

      Delete
  6. What a great cover, Tracey! And I really like the series covers, too. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that purple dress on your lovely cover. Not that I'd have any place to wear it, but I think it's just beautiful. Congrats on getting a cover that you love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cover, Tracey. Enjoyed hearing about your publishing journey.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to this Blog!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner